I tried all the different suggestions from similar posts but nothing seemed to work so far. Maybe I missed something but....:
I installed SourceTree and:
- opened a github account
- created the first repository with just one readme file in it
- in the new tab I click on remote and there I can see my repository (only remote, not yet on my machine)
- I click on "clone" of that repository (in the SourceTree client)
- it switches to the clone tab/page and the best I got out of all tries is a pop-up window asking to select one of many credential helpers (which I have no idea what they are)
- whether I get that pop-up windows or not, it goes back to the Clone page on SourceTree itself and shows the message "This is not valid source path/URL" under the source input box.
Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events