Not able to authenticate with bitbucket + Sourcetree + Mac

Christopher Wodarczyk October 3, 2022

Related to this link, but I have tried everything there and I still cannot get Sourcetree to properly authenticate anything:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Getting-quot-fatal-Authentication-failed-for-quot-error/qaq-p/624663

I have deleted the password file, I have removed the user in the Accounts tab, I have removed all the keychain passwords that were mentioned, uninstalled Sourcetree, rebooted my laptop more times than I can count, reinstalled Sourcetree, it prompts for my password, which I enter (and it is correct since I can login into the website with it), it accepts it, I try to do anything else, authentication is still failing.

Interestingly, I observe that when I add a user back using Sourcetree it is still pulling my username / password from someplace because it just auto adds it in.  Where this information is, I cannot fathom as I feel I have deleted everything I can.

This is using the Mac version trying to connect to a bitbucket repository.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Christopher Wodarczyk October 4, 2022

Seems I followed this path:

*) Removed all keychain access items

*) Removed the user from the accounts tab.

*) Uninstalled the application and removed the installer from downloads

*) Rebooted the laptop

*) Made sure the keychain access items were still gone for bit bucket

*) Downloaded the source tree installer and reinstalled

*) Added my user back to source tree under the Accounts tab using 

*) OAuth

*) SSH

Seems to have worked now, but I feel I did this same thing 3 times yesterday? :)  Do not want to try this again as I lost 1.5 days on this, but maybe this checklist will help someone else!  Let me know if it does!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events