Not Tracked files

The footer in my SourceTree says that 2 files are not tracked, but there are no untracked files in the file status view. Is there some way to find out which files SourceTree's footer thinks are not tracked?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Chris,

There likely is, however your file status view isn't set up to see them. In the Mac version there's the following filters above the file status view:

By changing these options untracked files may or may not be visible to you. The Windows version has equivalent filters if you're running on Windows, too.

Hope that helps

Yes that's what I though initially. However, selecting "Show Untracked" shows no files, and if I "Show All" I don't see any files with the not tracked question mark symbol next to them...

What happens if you run "git status" at the terminal when your present working directory is your Git repository folder?

I ran "hg status" as it's a mercurial repository. Lots of .DS_Store files, which I guess SourceTree ignores? However, there are two other entries:

? .hgcheck/hg-checkexec-DodzFR

? .hgcheck/hg-checklink-bUIWEG

Could these be related to the 2 untracked files maybe?
Thanks

I'm in the same case, any hint?

I too am facing the same issue on Windows version which I verified with the MAC version which works fine. Can you please provide why such behaviour ?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

569 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you