Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection to repository from sourcetree

Andrreas Weichert October 22, 2020

I created a new repository on bitbucket and wanted to clone it to sourcetree.  Sourcetree started but the link to the repository was indicated as illegal. I can get access to bitbucket with "remote account" link/button in this window and can see all my repositorys.  I tried it many times to clone some of my repositorys.

Then I found a hint in the net to update git and mecurical, what I did. After that I get form the procedure above the "CreditalHelperSelectorWindow" many times.

Please help, what goes wrong here ?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2020

Hi Andrreas,

Let's gather some more information to troubleshoot the problem you're seeing while trying to clone a repository. Can you look up these items:

1. What version of Sourcetree do you have installed? The latest version as of this post is Sourcetree 3.3.9 for Windows .
  2. What version of git did you update to on your system?
  3. Is Sourcetree using embedded git, or system git? (you can find this in the Git tab in Options, instructions here) - please list what version of system/embedded git Sourcetree is reporting it is using
  4. Do you have Git Credential Manager for Windows installed on your system, and if so, what version? The latest version as of this post is installable here - v1.20 

Thanks,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events