Missing pane in Sourcetree updated version for Mac

In previous versions on Sourcetree, there was a pane/window where i could view the entire commit message and other commit details (esp. when i made a commit with detailed notes). I just updated Sourcetree, and it's missing. 

I know i can use the Terminal to run "git log" or something — but there must be a way to re-enable the pane? I can't see anything in Preferences, or under the Window menu. Bit of a bug? Or am i being daft?

I have attached 2 images— one from Atlassian's website which shows what the interface ought to look like (and i've made a crude circle around the pane which used to be there); and another image which shows what my interface looks like after the update..

Past.pngPresent.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Hi Han! I've installed SourceTree 2.3.2 in my machine and I can still see the pane. We've seen other similar cases where after clearing the preferences the users could see that pane again. You can follow the steps at How to wipe SourceTree preferences.

Let me know if you can see the pane now.

Cheers :)

Ana

it does fix things; thank you ana :)

side-note: crucifying my preferences isn't my favourite way to resurrect a pane after three days!

If it recurs we'll point you to what setting[s] to delete specifically. 

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

0 vote

Hi Han, what version are you using now? I'm using SourceTree 2.5 on MacOS and I still have that pane. Let me know!

Regards,

Ana

v2.3.2 on OS Sierra.

may we have an option in the View menu that we can toggle to hide/show this pane (sample image, attached)?; else, is there some sort of CSS document where i could manually change it's height/min-height to some non-zero value?

Screen-Shot-2017-05-08-at-09.05.59.png

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

546 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you