It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrate to New Computer

I recently purchased a new Win 10 laptop. I want to move (and remove) my local repository from my old Win 10 laptop to my new one.  I have a BitBucket account so the remote repositories are all listed. I assumed I could just copy my files from the old computer to a new directory on the new computer, and then go into Sourcetree "Tools\Options\Repo Settings\Project folder" and browse to my new local directory.  I then assumed for whatever reason that my remote repo would pick up on this.  I found out however, it doesn't work like that. What is the proper way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Timothy,

From what you’re explained you have some needs understood for migrating to a new machine. There are a few additional steps needed to properly migrate Sourcetree to a new machine. With this said there are similar community posts with very detailed instructions which may be found here:

If you’re still having issues migrating to a new machine please reach back out and let us know.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,910 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you