cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate to New Computer

confexTimHiles
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2019

I recently purchased a new Win 10 laptop. I want to move (and remove) my local repository from my old Win 10 laptop to my new one.  I have a BitBucket account so the remote repositories are all listed. I assumed I could just copy my files from the old computer to a new directory on the new computer, and then go into Sourcetree "Tools\Options\Repo Settings\Project folder" and browse to my new local directory.  I then assumed for whatever reason that my remote repo would pick up on this.  I found out however, it doesn't work like that. What is the proper way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Hello Timothy,

From what you’re explained you have some needs understood for migrating to a new machine. There are a few additional steps needed to properly migrate Sourcetree to a new machine. With this said there are similar community posts with very detailed instructions which may be found here:

If you’re still having issues migrating to a new machine please reach back out and let us know.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events