Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging is constantly reverting changes!

MartinTV May 19, 2021

Hello folks, just a heads up the last paragraph is a rant so feel free to skip it.

Like the title says, SourceTree has gotten the idea that when I merge work with another branch, it should revert changes.

Now, I am not talking about merge conflicts and the possibility that I am resolving the issue "theirs" in stead of "mine" (or the reverse) but rather it decides to revert stuff things to a state 2 weeks or 15 commits ago or something fucking STUPID like that. Additionally, the state of each branch is such that neither is using the stuff it is reverting to!

How the FUCK does this keep happening and what the hell do I need to do to make these programs do what they're fucking supposed to?

Is this a Git issue or some stupid shit SourceTree is doing? I know SourceTree is just a Git GUI and isn't, or shouldn't be, doing anything under the hood and it just shows me some info, but I have been noticing a lot of absolute horseshit from using SourceTree that I don't get in GitHub Desktop and other programs. Not to get too ranty but I am starting to find no value in this god forsaken program. I am starting to spend close to half my fucking time reimplementing shit from months ago.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events