I am having trouble merging master into my branch with the most recent version of sourcetree. We are tracking our hex files in the repo so when merging we discard the conflicted hex file and rebuild adding the new rebuilt hex file into the merge. However on the latest version of source tree if I have a list of staged files from the merge as soon as I discard the hex file (or last conflicting file) the merge is silently reset and the staging area is cleared in its entirety reverting the branch back to its original state. Note if I use any of the resolve functions the merge goes through properly.
Steps to recreate:
1. Create Branch and make modifications.
2. Modify Master creating change conflicts with changes in branch.
3. Merge Master into current branch (This creates conflicts)
4. Select conflicts in staged files, and select discard.
5. After discarding, Sourcetree will silently abort the merge, clear the file status screen and also discard any successfully merged files. Leaving your branch right back where you started.