Mercurial : wrong changeset in bold after pull

Hi,

I'm running 1.3.0b2. After a pull I the tip of the pull is invariably shown in bold. At the command line "hg id" identifies the changeset corresponding to my workspace prior to the pull. The command line is correct. Sourcetree is wrong. A forced refresh of the open view on the repository does *not* fix this. Closing and opening the view *does* fix this.

Thanks a bunch.

1 answer

Hmm, can you share a screenshot for context, and clarify what post-pull action you're using?

I just did a couple of tests here with Pull (with 'Update' as the post-pull action, but where the pulled changesets were on another branch), and the correct changeset remained bold, not the tip.

Hi Steve. Sorry it took so long to followup. Here's a screencast.

http://www.screencast.com/t/oDEl98EZxE1

If it matters, this is Lion.

Thanks for the video, that teased out the cause.

So the reason my tests didn't recreate it is that condition your repo has which is triggering it is having 2 heads for one branch where the working copy is on the older one.

I'll get this fixed, tracking the bug here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-808

Actually, I still haven't been able to recreate this, despite many attempts and repeating your steps: http://screencast.com/t/zxKx5qUDxIvn

Whenever I try the correct row is always boldened, whether I use 1.3b2, 1.2.9.1 or my latest development build. Most puzzling.

Hi Steve,

I had the problem for a full three days. Then when you asked for a screenshot I created two small repositories for a screencast. Quess what. The problem didn't happen. Then when I went back to my original repository the problem was gone. It stayed gone for a few days. The problem is back now. A manual refresh does *not* fix it. Reopening the window on that repository *does* fix it. If I had any hair I'd pull it out. :-)

I'll also say that I have other update issues if I actually look for them. The issue we're discussing here could be just a particular case of Sourcetree not showing the correct version more generally; for example, if I do "hg update" outside of SourceTree. I reported this quite some time ago and we guessed that just restarting in safe mode would fix that up. That only sometimes works for me. Invariably the problem returns. I've recently udated to Lion and that's not changed this behavior at all.

I wonder if this correlates with a seemingly unrelated issue I have. I have very, very slow refreshes in source tree. This is true even on a repository of under 10 changesets. This was true in Snow Leopard and now in Lion. It was true in 1.2 and in the 1.3 beta. I don't want to hijack my own thread. I just thought I'd throw that out for consideration.

Regards,

Barry

Hmm, until I can recreate this it's hard to know what's going on. FYI, all the people that reported slowness on 1.2 have now reported that 1.3 beta 3 is really quick for them. Have you tried this one yet?

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published Oct 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

696 views 3 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you