Maximum file size for diff in Sourcetree?

Hanspeter Bleuler May 1, 2013

What's the maximum file size for diff in Sourcetree? I get the message - diff suppressed (file size or pattern). My file is 1.8 MB. What does "pattern" refer to?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

There was actually a bug in the suppression algorithm that meant it was ignoring what you set the suppression levels to in Options > Diff and just using 1Mb. That has been fixed in 0.9.2.

0 votes
Joshua White June 28, 2019

I believe this is again broken in a recent version of SourceTree (3.2.1) - the suggested fixes do not seem to work?

Tabrez Pasha August 7, 2019

Was facing the same issue with SourceTree(3.2.1). Had to update the text size limit from 1MB to 2MB then it started working. Hope this helps.

Like Danutha_Fernando likes this
0 votes

Thanks Steve

After setting the file size limit to 2MB it works.

Shobhit Chourasia November 12, 2018

It works. Thanks.

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2013

Hi Hanspeter

I guess this has been discussed before in here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/156779/difference-in-diif-suppression-between-windows-and-mac-sourcetree

Hopefully it helps!

Cheers :)

Hi Daryl

I'm on a Mac and file up to 1Mb work fine. I don't know if the 1.8Mb is the reason for the message - diff suppressed (file size or pattern) or is it "pattern". I don't know what "pattern" means. The file compares OK when using the "External Diff" button which starts FileMerge on my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.8.3)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events