Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MadCap Flare and Head branch

Gail Caldera
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 18, 2019

Hi,

We have integrated our Flare project with Git. However, whenever we do a pull request through Flare, we get the following error message:

Pulling local changes from remote...
Error occurred in LibGit2Sharp : 'HEAD' is not a valid branch name

The source control operation finished with warnings and/or errors. Press Close when you are done reviewing the messages.

In sourcetree, under Remotes we have Origin. Under Origin we have the HEAD and master listed. What do these mean and does it have anything to do with the error we are getting in Flare? We have contacted Flare, however, have not been able to resolve the issue.

2 answers

0 votes
Gail Caldera
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2019

Thanks for the response Michael! We are working off the local copy of the master and pushing/pulling from the remote master. Do you know if it will break anything if I delete the head branch?

I also have this showing in source tree under description when updates are committed.

Master > Origin/Master > Origin/HEAD > commit description.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Hi

I don't have direct experience of Flare but I would not expect to normally see a branch called HEAD under the remotes section. Master yes, but not  HEAD. HEAD just means the latest commit on a given branch.

I would check you are working on master locally and remotely.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events