Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

MadCap Flare and Head branch

Hi,

We have integrated our Flare project with Git. However, whenever we do a pull request through Flare, we get the following error message:

Pulling local changes from remote...
Error occurred in LibGit2Sharp : 'HEAD' is not a valid branch name

The source control operation finished with warnings and/or errors. Press Close when you are done reviewing the messages.

In sourcetree, under Remotes we have Origin. Under Origin we have the HEAD and master listed. What do these mean and does it have anything to do with the error we are getting in Flare? We have contacted Flare, however, have not been able to resolve the issue.

2 answers

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Jan 23, 2019

Hi

I don't have direct experience of Flare but I would not expect to normally see a branch called HEAD under the remotes section. Master yes, but not  HEAD. HEAD just means the latest commit on a given branch.

I would check you are working on master locally and remotely.

Thanks for the response Michael! We are working off the local copy of the master and pushing/pulling from the remote master. Do you know if it will break anything if I delete the head branch?

I also have this showing in source tree under description when updates are committed.

Master > Origin/Master > Origin/HEAD > commit description.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

5,006 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you