Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login issue with Source tree app

Nithin Thomas May 18, 2018

Hi,

nithin.thomas@staples.com is my email address.

When I am on a particular server, I am able to login to sourcetree via the IE 11 browser. But when I am in the sourcetree app (v 2.5.13) and use the same credentials, I am unable to login to it ('something went wrong when attempting to validate your credentials' is the error message I am getting).

Can you help?

Perhaps there is a port in the app that my server needs to have opened or something?

Please advise.

1 answer

1 vote
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2018

Hi

It sounds like you are on Windows, referring to IE, but I'm guessing the version number is a typo, the current release is 2.5.5.

Are you trying to register, during the welcome wizard, or add a new account? Are you trying to use a Bitbucket, Bitbucket Server or Atlassian account ?

Nithin Thomas May 21, 2018

Source Tree Step 1.jpgSource Tree Step 2.jpg

Hi Michael,

Yes you are right it is  v2.5.5

In the Register Account wizard I'm selecting Atlassian account and providing my credentials which is already registered.

Please see attached screenshots.

Nithin Thomas May 29, 2018

Can some one help to resolve this issue please?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2018

Please try the following:

1. open Internet Explorer
  2. open the Developer tools, f12
    1. set the Browser Mode 10
    2. set the Document Mode Standards
  3. open Cog/Internet options
    1. ensure the following settings are enabled
    2. Misc/Access data sources across domains
    3. Misc/Allow META_REFRESH
    4. Scripting/Active Scripting

The easiest way to test is to see if you can login to https://id.atlassian.com using Internet Explorer, if you can you should be able to use the Atlassian account registration flow, if you can't then try the settings above and retry.

Nithin Thomas June 5, 2018

Hi Michael,

I was able to login to https://id.atlassian.com using IE 11 browser, but Atlassian account registration flow through Source tree complains that there is an error in validating the credentials.

I have also followed your steps and made necessary changes in IE 11 Internet option settings, still no luck.

Please help.

Martin K June 26, 2018

I Have the same Problem with verison 2.6.9

id.atlassian.com login works (with IE 11), but not with sourcetree

minnsey
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2018

I'm sorry you are still experiencing issues with this.

The best advice I can give at this time is to be a little patient. We are working on revisions to this process for the next release and this should solve this issue for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events