Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log details are missing in History of SourceTree (see screenshots)

Wang Yudong December 14, 2016

I remember there should be log details inside the red box. How can I enable the log details?

屏幕快照 2016-12-15 11.20.26.png

By "log details", I mean the thing in the following picture, I capture it by right clicking a file and selecting "Log selected ..."

屏幕快照 2016-12-15 11.22.19.png

2 answers

0 votes
Wang Yudong February 3, 2017

Please refer to the answer in this question: Details of commit missing in SourceTree (see screenshots)

In short, by reseting SourceTree preferences, the UI will also be reset and problem solved. I just paste the instruction here:

Resolution
Mac
The following files need to be deleted after they've been backed up.

1. Make sure SourceTree is closed.
  2. Make sure the files are backed up in the following folders before removing the files
  3. Remove everything in ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree/
  4. If you're using an OS X version before Mavericks: Remove ~/Library/Preferences/com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS.plist (you should be using the direct version of SourceTree, hence "NotMAS")
  5. If you're using Mavericks or later, run the following in the terminal defaults delete com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS
  6. Open SourceTree again to test if it worked or not.

If this didn't fix your problems then close SourceTree and restore the files, then re-open SourceTree again (if at all possible).

Windows

1. Make sure SourceTree is closed
  2. Make sure the files are backed up in the following folders before removing the files
  3. Remove files "bookmarks.xml", "opentabs.xml", "userhosts" in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\
  4. Remove file in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe<random_string>\<version_number>\user.config
  5. Open SourceTree again to test if it worked or not.

If this didn't fix your problems then close SourceTree and restore the files, then re-open SourceTree again (if at all possible).

0 votes
eelkeblok-os January 31, 2017

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution? It seems to me the UI can get garbled and it is somehow outside the view, or something.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events