Licensing/setup for Sourcetree in a computer lab?

Dear Atlassian or other Sourcetree experts,

I'm a computer lab administrator for a school. One of our teachers wants me to get Sourcetree on 60 machines in a computer lab I manage. I've been doing some reading online and it seems that sometime in the past couple years, Atlassian has changed the licensing from a code you put in, to an account you sign into. Well...okay. I don't mind having "my" account signed in on 60 machines - but I do need to find a way to clone this licensing from the Administrator account on Windows, to all the other accounts that will be signing in on this machine once I capture its image and distribute it to 60 other machines.

Is this possible anymore, or no? Is there any way to pay Atlassian for a proper, multi-user license key like...um...every other piece of normal software out there? Because this is really a pain in the rump for administrative academic setup.

2 answers

I am in the exact same situation.  Any kind of install without the login requirement or some other (automated) solution to license on a bunch of computers?

Our security guy doesn't want me to install an old version of the software either. He's right, of course - it's bad practice to try to evade a program's newly-added bad behavior by hiding behind old updates.

Our only other option is just to...not use Sourcetree. I don't want to have to tell a professor that, though...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

649 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you