Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LFS push fails with Error sending chunk details to media api: StatusCode 400 Bad Request

yagero
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 7, 2016

After having updated SourceTree, a popup asked me to install a custom stuff for faster upload speed. Which I did.

But now, my LFS push fail with this error:

Error sending chunk details to media api: StatusCode 400 Bad Request

Here is the full log:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c lfs.customtransfer.bitbucket-media-api.path=git-lfs-bitbucket-media-api push -v --tags origin master:master
Pushing to XXXXXXXXXXX.git
Git LFS: (0 of 1 files) 0 B / 15.41 MB 
Git LFS: (0 of 1 files) 0 B / 15.41 MB
Error transferring "97a34b1f87b6dd039e3253fff6d12e5a21b2986df3858c6cc07f8b0e16c91af6": [17] Error sending chunk details to media api: StatusCode 400 Bad Request from /upload/59081b1a-52fd-4c22-8b5e-883e2f664788/chunks
error: failed to push some refs to 'XXXXXXXXXXX.git'
Completed with errors, see above.

What can I do?

Thanks

git version: 1.9.5-preview20141217

3 answers

1 vote
Pepalu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2017

I solved it uninstalling and reinstalling SourceTree, and then click yes when it asks to update the Git LFS Bitbucket adapter. So maybe it was a bug that was fixed in a posterior version.

1 vote
yagero
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 7, 2016

Ok so I uninstalled SourceTree, deleted my Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Atlassian folder, reinstalled SourceTree, I made sure to NOT install the custom Git LFS Bitbucket adapter. And it works!

So the problem is really the Git LFS Bitbucket adapter.

0 votes
Arshia Cont December 13, 2016

I just ran into the same problem. Removing Bitbucket LFS Media Adapter solved it for Pushing on terminal.

Is there a way to tell SourceTree to not use the Media Adapter as well? or a global solution for this issue? It's a pitty to bypass SourceTree when using LFS.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events