Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LFS not showing tracked files

Jari Pentti February 6, 2019

Hey

I am having a lot of trouble with source tree LFS on one machine.

We have a gitlab account with lfs enabled by default on the repository.

The problem is that eaven though we have a file that has the LFS rules set up, my computers version of Sourcetree does not read that file at all. If I try to commit an mp3 file to the repository it prompts me that the file should be tracked with lfs. On my friends machine that I setup at the same time everything works as it should.

This is what the .gitatributes file has inside of it.

insideconfig.png

This is what the Sourcetree LFS tracking window shows. It is empty, on the other machine I setup it shows the rules and everything works.

lfs_typestotrack.png

I have tried from Options -> Git > Embedded and System, neither does nothing.

triedthese.png

I also tried to make a competely new Repository, initialised LFS, added rules and everything works like it should. Then I can see the LFS file types tracked in the window. As soon as I cloned the existing Repository from the GitLab it again lost the connection to the .gitatributes file and the LFS stopped working.

Is there a way to somehow disable LFS from the Sourcetree once and reinitialize it again? Or somehow to asosiate the .gitatributes file back in to the sourcetree since it seems it does not read it correctly for some reason. As said it works completely normal on the other machine with the same clone of the project.

I have reinstalled sourcetree from scratch using this but no help:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/How-do-I-fully-remove-SourceTree-so-that-I-can-do-a-quot-fresh/qaq-p/605355

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jari Pentti February 7, 2019

Solved this partially allready. The problem was with the .gitignore file. Deleted the .gitignore file and now everything works like it should. Now to actually solve the problem...

0 votes
Chaitanya Chowdary October 16, 2019

ensure that files you want track are in root. Then only it is tracking.

Gyuunyuu September 17, 2020

what is meant by "root" here?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events