Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LFS > 100 MB fails to push to azure devops

Herb Train May 2, 2024

Hi, all. I managed to set up a remote azure dev ops repo and push/pull without issue from a couple of windows laptops. I then initialized LFS and was still able to push/pull small tracked LFS files. However, any LFS tracked file type larger than ~100MB fails to push with the following error (partially redacted): 

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks push -v Azure_Devops_Remote__-_MYPROJECT master:master
fatal: Cannot determine the organization name for this 'dev.azure.com' remote URL. Ensure the `credential.useHttpPath` configuration value is set, or set the organization name as the user in the remote URL '{org}@dev.azure.com'.

Locking support detected on remote "Azure_Devops_Remote__-_MYPROJECT". Consider enabling it with:
$ git config lfs.MYREMOTEURL/info/lfs.locksverify true

In regards to the error, I'm not sure how to "ensure the 'credential.useHttpPath' configuration value is set' but my org name is already set as the remote user in the remote URL. Also, I'm not sure how to enable locking support through Sourcetree. I also tried adding an account under Tools/Options/Authentication and while it was accepted, it didn't help.

I'd be very appreciative of any suggestions to try. Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Herb Train May 3, 2024

This thread contained the answer for me in case anyone else if having the same problem. TLDR - run the line below:

git config http.version HTTP/1.1

I'm not sure how to do that from within Sourcetree, of course, but it seems to fix the issue.

0 votes
Herb Train May 3, 2024

Still happening.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events