Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting authenticate dialog in SourceTree

Alex Tzonkov July 9, 2013

I am using SourceTree for Windows version:1.0.5.0

I have a few repositories cloned using a public key, but keep getting prompted with an "Authenticate" dialog asking for username and password. Hitting cancel and ignoring it seems to work fine, but it is starting to be annoying to get this pop up.

I am assuming it is related to git submodules, since I was not able to clone a git repository which had a submodule in it using teh GUI. I had to drop to teh terminal and use command line to clone that repository and then import it in teh GUI. So I am guessing somehow the authentication for teh submodule is not using teh ssh keys provided. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Alex

6 answers

3 votes
sebastianconcept July 21, 2013

+1

I'm on OS X it's very very annoying (chages focus and you loose what you type when commiting for example)

1 vote
Alex Tzonkov August 6, 2013

I stopped using SourceTree.

0 votes
Deleted user January 14, 2015

Same here, cloned a repo with a submodule from another gitlab which worked fine, but getting that annoying popup since then.

0 votes
jagomf October 2, 2014

Same here. Same issue in SourceTree 1.6.5.0. More than one year after this question is raised and not much action regarding solutions...

0 votes
Collaboration Account July 27, 2014

It's a pain. I type in the password and "Remember Password" is ticked but it keeps coming up. I've used SourceTree on another computer and it doesn't do this. It's only started doing this on my laptop recenty, and seems to popup once for every repository tab I have open.

At the very least, we should be able to disable automatic polling checks.

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

So long as the submodules can be authenticated with your public key this should work fine - it certainly does for me. The problem may arise when your submodule has a source URL which identifies a different user name or a host for which you don't have a valid default key.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events