Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep asking credentials while pull in SourceTree

gopalvaghasiya December 5, 2018

when I am doing pull in SourceTree at that time Atlassian asks me for credentials in windows,

keep asking the same thing and after that failed login error occurs,

I was tried to reset my password, remove my account and then again add an account in SourceTree, update a git from SourceTree and uninstall SourceTree and again install and setup it,

But again the same problem occurs

please help me out!

please refer below screenshot for more

Screenshot 2018-12-05 17.05.07.png

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Boyce Developer December 9, 2018

I tried fixes mentioned by @Mike Corsaro and @fairful. Doesn't seem to work for me. I tried updating the embedded Git and also install the versions mentioned. It doesn't seem to fix the issue. I have attached the details of my embedded Git version.Embedded.png

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2018

Hello! This is a long-running problem with the git-credential-manager. To solve it:

1. Download git-credential-manager 1.18.3
  2. Install Sourcetree 3.0.12
  3. When prompted again enter your credentials OR add your account via OAuth in the Accounts tab in Options
fairful December 5, 2018

The suggested solution is not working for me.  Oddly, in Sourcetree, if I go to Tools/Options/Authentication, then click Edit on the account and then Refresh Password, I can enter the same credentials I do in the above dialog and this succeeds.  BUt entering them into the dialog fails.  THis is with the two items listed above installed, and a reboot, just for luck!

fairful December 5, 2018

Update:  I managed to sort this by updating the embedded Git version in Tools/Options/Git

John Fricker December 5, 2018

I wish I'd managed to update the embedded Git. Instead it gets to the "extracting" phase and then states that the download failed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events