Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just updated SourceTree to version 1.9.0

Peter Chermie April 29, 2014

Hello, I have just updated SourceTree to version 1.9.0. I appreciate and like most of the changes you've done, but the list of the files containing a full path is horrible. I'm working on Java-based projects, where paths are very long. I'm now struggling to recognise the files I need to work with.

Is it possible to only display the file name, without the path? If there is a concern about the path, I could always check it on the right-hand side, where the changes to the file are listed. Full paths in the file lists really aren't necessary, what's more they make the experience much worse :(

Also one more question if you don't mind. I'm experiencing a signifficant delay in refreshing the left colmn (where the branchech, stashes, etc. are). It was always like that, regardless of the version. So for example when I switch to another branch, it takes about 5-10 seconds for the left column to refresh. Is this normal?

I'm using SourceTree for Mac OS X.

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

4 answers

2 votes
Joost den Boer April 30, 2014

I have the same issue. And more. I don't like the changes regarding the unstaged/staged states.
First, after install it is not possible to see the difference between a staged and unstaged file. In the settings under Git I found a setting to 'use staging area', but this also not works as I would like. You only see both states when a state contains changes, otherwise only one state is shown.

I don't like how this new version works with the states. I want to have the unstaged and staged states clearly visible and I want to be able to drag-and-drop files from one state to another.

I hope these changes will be reverted in newer versions. For now I'm going back to the previous version.

Peter Chermie April 30, 2014

Hello Joost,

I just figured out, that if you right-click on the files list and select the 'Use the staging area' option at the very bottom of the contextual menu, the file list gets splitted and grups staged and unstaged files.

Doesn't help much, but helps a bit ;)

Kind regards.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

Joost, instead of continuing to complain to the community here, please go to the answer I linked in my answer, find the official bug reports that line up with the problems you are having, and vote them up.

0 votes
Deleted user May 17, 2014

Same opinion here about drag-and-drop.

Its more clear and user friendly. I think I'm going to rollback to version 1.8.1.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events