SourceTree for Windows 1.5.2
default charset = utf8
In the interactive rebase schedule dialog, when I squashed commits with Japanese message, squashed message becomes like "????????????".
Even I rewrite the message, the generated commit still holds a message like "??????????".
Non-ASCII characters seems not dealed with appropriately.
I've checked that you've already opened a bug report into jira.atlassian.com, I want to share here the answer from SourceTree developer that can be useful for other users that are facing the same issue:
If the input was via SourceTree then it should definitely be in UTF-8. If you did it via the terminal then you have the option to tell Git (via a config setting) what encoding you're using. If this isn't specified then it defaults to UTF-8. Are you committing from the terminal?
Also, would it be possible to provide us with some output so we could see what encoding the commit content is in? Either you could provide the repository, or alternatively you can call "git cat-file commit <hash>" using the hash of the commit that's showing the question marks, then paste the output in here.
More details can be found on this report:
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG