It is 2020, sourcetree is still slow.

Vinod Kumar Godavarty March 10, 2020

Sourcetree app has been developed years ago, but it is sad to see that it is still slow. I do not see any performance improvements over the years.

Sometimes it is painfully slow, I had to just close it , open terminal and run the command manually.

I am using Windows 10.

Please someone tell if I am missing some configuration setting that makes sourcetree faster.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nikita_Mikros April 15, 2020

I'm kind of shocked at how slow it is on a relatively new i5 laptop, they keep adding new widgets and layouts when all I really want is for the thing to run fast. If I have to sit around waiting for 5 - 10 seconds every time I click on a new tab on the side, that adds up to a lot of wasted time in my day.  I run an older version on my old mac laptop and that seems way zippier than 3.3 on my brand new Win 10 machine. WTF Atlassian, there's a great think called a profiler, maybe you guys should use it once in a while.

Andrew Wagner September 3, 2020

Yes very slow on WIN10 and also for another colleague on MAC.  

Blah blah blah on the benefits of git... right now its a choice between 2048 baud modem speeds and cryptic, inconsistent and goofy command line.  its a big time sink for me

Like Nazeel Abdul Rahman likes this
0 votes
EdRowe October 20, 2020

For me it's more like 1-5 minutes to find out whether a single mouseclick has done anything. E.g. I have an exclamation mark on "Remote", but when I click on this it takes 5 minutes for a dialogue window to pop up. It looks like I'll have to learn command-line git syntax. Sigh.

Is there any support? This is a "community forum" isn't it, and there doesn't seem to be any participation from Atlassian. Is Atlassian an open-source development thing rather than a commercial organisation? Anyway - if anyone can suggest things I could try to speed things up, that would be fab. I'm running an i7 laptop with Windows 10. It's a little hobbled by the CarbonBlack malware protection installed by my company, but otherwise it's pretty zippy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events