Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues installing Source Tree

Ayush Saxena March 20, 2022

I downloaded the Source Tree setup(version 3.4.8) for windows, after clicking on the setup I see the source tree logo and within seconds it fades away, now I can see SourceTree in installed applications with 23.9 Mb size(as if app is not installed properly), but when I search source tree on start menu, there is no such app. The app is not opening. 

1 answer

0 votes
Vipin Yadav
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2022

Hi, 

Please try to uninstall and then reinstall Sourectree.

1. Uninstall Sourcetree using the Windows Uninstall program.
  2.  Delete the folders/files below before proceeding to the next step:
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete all Sourcetree folders and files (if any)
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all Sourcetree folders and files (if any)
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Atlassian and delete all Sourcetree folders and files (if any)
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\SourceTree-Settings and delete all Sourcetree folders and files (if any)

Download Sourcetree for Windows and install it

Let's see it works after this or not. 

if not then find the log file and send it here from below path.

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\Sourcetree\sourcetree.log

Ayush Saxena March 21, 2022

Hello,

There is no such directory named Atlassian in Local & Roaming. Although I can see Source Tree in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program

Vipin Yadav
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2022

Ok. 
Could you please check that Sourcetree is provided all the access rights. It happens when corporate policies restrict Sourcetree to access these folders and then it does not create these and Sourcetree try to access them on startup. 

Ayush Saxena March 21, 2022

How to check the access rights?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events