Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with sourcetree with latest Windows 10 upgrade

plasterdog May 7, 2018

First of all I am extremely happy with SourceTree and use it on a daily basis.

I updated windows 10 a couple of days ago and this rendered the GUI for sourcetree invisible. I could see that it was loaded and that pagent was active, but the region where the GUI should be I saw only a transparent box. AS you can imagine this is far from ideal...

When I reverted back to the previous version of Windows everything was fine. Are you aware of this issue? If so do you have any suggestions other than avoiding future updates?

Jeff McNear

jeff@plasterdog.com

847/849-7060

4 answers

0 votes
plasterdog May 14, 2018

At least for me this has resolved and procrastination is its' own reward. Windows forced an update and I no longer have the issue originally described above. I can only think that this was a windows error which has been fixed and (astonishingly) microsoft isn't admitting any mistakes,

Alyssa Valdez May 14, 2018

Oh yes, I forgot to update you: It "suddenly" started working for me the next day. :) I agree with you...that is probably what happened.

Happy to be able to use SourceTree again! 

plasterdog May 15, 2018

I'm pleased to hear that you are alright!

0 votes
Alyssa Valdez May 9, 2018

I'm having the same problem, I think. Today I tried to open SourceTree and the applications loads but nothing appears. The only thing different is I updated my windows OS (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4103721/windows-10-update-kb4103721). 

I haven't been able to fix it. 

plasterdog May 9, 2018

I also updated windows ... my current work around is to revert back to the last restore point of windows

I "uninstalled" the update I mentioned above and that didn't work. I will try to go back to an older restore point and just work from there until this gets fixed, I guess. 

I cant even get the restore point working for my computer because of security issues. :/ Looks like I'm stuck not being able to use SourceTree...unfortunate because I like it a lot. 

0 votes
plasterdog May 9, 2018

Thank you for your response, if I understand correctly you are saying that making this change will prevent further video-card driver updates, is that correct?

Also can you further define how I would make the settings change you suggest, is this something that I need to access via the command line?
(remember I rely on your GUI for git)

Thanks in advance,

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2018

Hi Jeff, I'm glad that you're such a happy Sourcetree user! :D

Regarding your issue with Sourcetree being invisible, this is most likely an issue with either your video-card drivers, your DirectX version, or something related to that.

Can you try the following? Keep in mind that it's going to disable hardware acceleration for all WPF apps but may solve the problem:

Set the following registry key to a DWORD of 1, and then restart your computer:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics\DisableHWAcceleration

Let us know if it worked for you!

Best regards,

Ana

Björn Gåvefeldt May 19, 2019

You guys may want to look into this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.windows.media.renderoptions.processrendermode?redirectedfrom=MSDN&view=netframework-4.8#System_Windows_Media_RenderOptions_ProcessRenderMode

It's explained there how to resolve this issue for WPF applications - Please add a setting users can use to disable it for just SourceTree?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events