Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue with creating a new git project, pulling in a past project

Hello,  

I am super desperate for any insight. I have a team project I have been working on for 3 weeks, I recently created a new branch and merged the master to it as my team-mate informed me there were updates. Suddenly my branch started having issues, saying there were random remote branches when I git branch -l. I decided to fork the project but when I did it forked then said I had 5K merge conflicts. I deleted the conflicts and it deleted all branches on our project and also Node off my computer. I reinstalled Node and went to work on a tutorial but when I tried to create a branch on the new tutorial it immediately pulls in files from the team project everytime. Also, I can no longer see what branch I am on, it just says my root but when I try and checkout to a branch it says I am already in it.  

It's almost as if the team project has become the root of my computer, but when I look, it's still in it's own original file?? 

I can't even figure out how to google these issues. I had to update Ruby and install cocoapods which my computer was outdated for both, could this have anything to do with my current issues? Has anyone had anything similar? 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

5,692 views 4 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you