Issue with SSH Configuration Key

kennetham February 3, 2017

The latest version of SourceTree has issues with SSH keys. I have already uploaded my SSH Key onto Github and did the necessary settings. After the update, I am not able to pull using SSH. Under Accounts, SSH key wasn't found. Is there any way I can fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2017

Can you specify the version and build number of SourceTree you are using and on what OS? Please check if the ssh the ssh key is added to the agent. You can run below command to check the agent,

ssh-add -l

If it does not list your key, add them manually using the below command

ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa

I am using SourceTree Version 2.4 (96). Previously my developer also had issues with the latest update. Yes I have already ssh-add but it is unable to recognize any keys in it.

Please advise.

I have added, but it seems like it is always disappearing. ssh-add -l says "The agent has no identities." which I have already done so yesterday.

CharlieC February 8, 2017

I've hit the same problem switching from https to ssh. I've added my private ssh to the agent but SourceTree (Version 2.4 (96)) can't find it. This is on MacOS 10.12.3 (16D32)

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2017

SourceTree 2.4 doesn't recognize keys generated manually (not generated via SourceTree). If you are concerned about seeing a warning which says account not configured but you have ssh keys you've generated successfully, you can ignore the warning. We are working on recognizing existing keys for an upcoming release. 

Lev Reznikov February 19, 2017

I have the same issue with v2.4.1 (97) on macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (16D32).

What is the planned availability date of this upcoming release that recognizes existing keys?

Thank you in advance for the information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events