Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to hide/park/stash UNstaged changes?

Matt Fleagle July 13, 2017

I'm a tech writer, not a programmer, and my understanding of source control is limited. We use SourceTree to work with our documentation projects in a GIT repo on a TFS server. It works well. Recently I have made a bunch of changes to a score or more of files in a documentation project, but this work is suddenly on hold indefinitely. They aren't harming anything, but I have to wade through these unstaged changes in order to find new changes I want to stage and commit. It gets old. I suppose maybe this is what branches are for, but we have not used branches and I wouldn't want to start now if it isn't absolutely necessary. I see that you can "stash" changes that have already been staged. What about unstaged changes? Does anyone have a recommendation on the best way to get these changes out of my (Working Copy) Unstaged Files pane? Or should I just live with them. Or learn to branch?

TIA

-Matt

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Hello! You're on the right track: branching was directly designed to solve this problem (you can read our guide about branching here). You can also stash those changes even if they're not staged by hitting the "Stash" button. Be aware that all changes on your working copy will be stashed if you do so.

Matt Fleagle July 14, 2017

Thanks Mike!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events