Is there a way to display the text cursor in source tree

Vinoth Kulaveerasingam May 11, 2017

When I type in SourceTree, the text cursor (the vertical line that blinks) does not show anywhere. This problem seems to occure only when you have SourceTree displayed on an external monitor (I am using a laptop). The SourceTree version that I am running is 2.0.20.1 which is the latest one at the time of writing.

2 answers

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 11, 2017

Hi Vinoth! Are you on Windows? If so, your issue could be related to SRCTREEWIN-7180, you can watch it to receive further updates or add a comment.

I've tried reprodugin it on Mac and the cursor was still visible. If you'd like, you could share more details so we can try reproducing this issue again.

Cheers,

Ana

0 votes
aphillips801 July 7, 2020

I'm using 4 screens with remote desktop and found that the cursor (caret in Windows parlance) only shows if the window (or most of it) is on the primary monitor.  I noticed that it would disappear at a certain point while dragging the window but at the same time the window layout would also change.  I realised this was because my primary monitor has a different DPI setting (125%).  I set it to 100% (same as other monitors) and the caret came back on all monitors. (I tried adding this comment to SRCTREEWIN-7180 but it keeps saying the Jira server is down even though it obviously is not.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events