Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to change the default Workspace view?

Angle Bracket July 6, 2020

When switching to a branch I notice that the default view in the Workspace is always History.  Is there any way to change the default to be File status?

Minor issue but our writers change branches a lot and have no need to view the history so they're always switching back to status.

Apologies if this is just a basic menu option that I missed - I hunted for it but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

7 answers

9 votes
singletrackint October 23, 2020

Same issue here. I am a single developer and only need to see the History if I messed something up in a bad way... I am always switching to the File Status. Would love to find a way to set this as the default when opening Source Tree or just a way to open to last state. 

Rik April 13, 2021

I agree:  Workspace "History" is only usefull if things go wrong - not for normal workflow.

i wrote in our company-manual:
Always switch to "File Status" ( ...and don't click and change in history for normal work! )

Therfore "workspace default is fix to "History" maybe a minor feature
  - for me it is a big issue!

5 votes
Deleted user May 19, 2021

agreed. this is a major waste of time for me. it takes a long time for ST to build a history I don't want to see - during which the ST UI is frozen. when it's finished a click on File Status.

4 votes
Philip Orlando January 5, 2022

Has anyone figured out a solution to this yet? Super annoying to constantly have to enter CTRL + 1 everything I want to commit incrementally.

4 votes
samfraser November 30, 2021

also agreed! Huge waste of time pressing ctrl + 1 every time I change branch! Should be a preference setting for this

1 vote
Igor Zviagintsev April 12, 2023

Is there a solution?

0 votes
Andy Idema
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 5, 2024

Come on Atlassian let's fix this

0 votes
Syaiful Nizam Yahya July 31, 2023

Its already mid 2023. Still no solution? For a simple feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events