Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to change the SourceTree icon on MacOS?

Sterling Bourne June 19, 2019

I'm running MacOS 10.15 (Catalina). I looked through the settings of SourceTree but didn't see any options to change the icon/upload my own icon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Solved! Type this line into Terminal.app:

perl -i -p -e 's/Pridetree/Bridetree/;' /Applications/Sourcetree.app/Contents/Resources/Assets.car

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I think I found the solution.... going through the process now to see if I can prevent the icon from changing and disrupting my work-flow.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-discussions/The-way-to-change-icon-for-Sourcetree-app/td-p/1110914

msherman_haystax June 19, 2019

Thank you.  I came here looking for a solution.  I cannot believe the developers did this.  Very unprofessional.

Like # people like this

So an update: The solution posted above does not work on Catalina Beta (10.15), so unless the ThemeEngine developer decides to update his app (or someone has knowledge of how to do so in xcode) it looks like we're at a dead end for the moment.

My issue is the icon looks too similar to the Google Chrome icon and keep opening up the wrong application. It'd be one thing if it was an opt-int icon change, but to have to deal w/ this for a week is going to be painful.

Found an even easier fix.

Type this line into Terminal:

perl -i -p -e 's/Pridetree/Bridetree/;' /Applications/Sourcetree.app/Contents/Resources/Assets.car
Like msherman_haystax likes this
msherman_haystax June 19, 2019

Thank you so much.  Works great.

Like Sterling Bourne likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events