It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a New Repository->"Scan Directory..." feature in the Souretree Windows client (like the feature available in the Mac OS client)?

Is there a New Repository->"Scan Directory..." feature in the Souretree Windows client? This feature is available in the Mac OS client, but it doesn't appear to be available in the Windows client.  

3 answers

I don't know, what does "Scan Directory" do, specifically?

The "Scan Directory" feature scans the chosen directory for multiple instances git repositories to add to Sourcetree.  This provides the convenience of not having to add each repo individually to Sourcetree.  The feature appears to be missing from the Windows client.

I'm not aware of a Scan Directory feature for the Windows client, but there's a work-around that I use to get around this issue. Open a new tab, then select the "All Repos" folder. From here, you can drag and drop multiple git folders from a File Explorer window into the bookmarks region. When you have all of the repo folders that you want added as bookmarks, hit the Refresh button to make sure that Sourcetree is able to successfully link to each folder location. It's not as good as an automatic feature, but it does speed up the process from having to manually add in each repository one by one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

5,006 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you