Is possible in SourceTree to see "different" whitespaces in the diffs shown for the selected file?

alex75 January 8, 2016

Capture.PNG

[Update]

Changed title adding "different".

Suggestion. Some tools represent the space with a center point (• or ∙) or light-gray (░)
and tab with an arrow (→).

1 answer

5 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2016

You can tell the diff to ignore differences in white space by clicking on the little gear icon to the right, but I'm not aware of a way to get it to actually show a visible representation of the white space, if that's what you're looking for (I can see where that might be handy)

Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 11.01.34 AM.png

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2016

Yeah, I think he wants to identify what type of whitespace is involved. Looks like he already has the diff taking whitespace into account. I think 3rd party diff tools are necessary to display some sort of indication about what types of whitespace are involved (spaces vs tabs, trailing spaces, line endings).

alex75 January 8, 2016

Exactly.

gautelo September 14, 2018

That would be nice.. ;)

Julix March 20, 2019

Really good idea -  worth implementing!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events