Is possible in SourceTree to see "different" whitespaces in the diffs shown for the selected file?

Capture.PNG

[Update]

Changed title adding "different".

Suggestion. Some tools represent the space with a center point (• or ∙) or light-gray (░)
and tab with an arrow (→).

1 answer

You can tell the diff to ignore differences in white space by clicking on the little gear icon to the right, but I'm not aware of a way to get it to actually show a visible representation of the white space, if that's what you're looking for (I can see where that might be handy)

Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 11.01.34 AM.png

Yeah, I think he wants to identify what type of whitespace is involved. Looks like he already has the diff taking whitespace into account. I think 3rd party diff tools are necessary to display some sort of indication about what types of whitespace are involved (spaces vs tabs, trailing spaces, line endings).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

258 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot