It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is possible in SourceTree to see "different" whitespaces in the diffs shown for the selected file?

Alessandro Piccione Jan 08, 2016

Capture.PNG

[Update]

Changed title adding "different".

Suggestion. Some tools represent the space with a center point (• or ∙) or light-gray (░)
and tab with an arrow (→).

1 answer

5 votes
Tim Crall Jan 08, 2016

You can tell the diff to ignore differences in white space by clicking on the little gear icon to the right, but I'm not aware of a way to get it to actually show a visible representation of the white space, if that's what you're looking for (I can see where that might be handy)

Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 11.01.34 AM.png

Seth Jan 08, 2016

Yeah, I think he wants to identify what type of whitespace is involved. Looks like he already has the diff taking whitespace into account. I think 3rd party diff tools are necessary to display some sort of indication about what types of whitespace are involved (spaces vs tabs, trailing spaces, line endings).

Alessandro Piccione Jan 08, 2016

Exactly.

Gaute Løken Sep 14, 2018

That would be nice.. ;)

Julian Sloman Mar 20, 2019

Really good idea -  worth implementing!

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

417 views 0 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you