Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to install Source Tree on a share location in RDS Windows 2016

Fan Timmermans February 28, 2018

This is an enhancement of my question "Is it possible to use SourceTree on Windows7 running in Citrix?"

From my IT department I got this:

We have the intense to use Source Tree in a Terminal Server Enviroment (RDS).

This is not possible, because we cannot install Source tree on a share location, so that every user on the environment can use it. The software installs itself in the user personal location.

The RDS environment is Windows 2016.

Is there a central deployment option for Source Tree or an other solutions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2018

Hi Fan, at the moment it's not possible to install Sourcetree in a shared location, it gets installed into the user's personal location. 

However, the team announced that they're working on creating an MSI for Sourcetree for Windows. As a standard MSI this will be compatible with systems management software such as System Center Configuration Manager, support silent installs, and allow the administrator to choose the installation folder. We don't have an ETA for this yet.

We're tracking feedback for this feature at SRCTREEWIN-6935. Feel free to vote for it or add your comment, you can also watch the ticket to receive further updates.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Ana

mahendra June 17, 2020

Hello Ana,

I would like to know if sourcetree works fine on Citrix vdi ? We are looking to install it on Citrix environment.

Regards

Mahendra

Fan_Timmermans June 17, 2020

We at aevitae.com use Citrix vdi. All applications are started as remote desktop app. Among them is SourceTree version 2.6.10.0  which is installed as a shared app. It works fine.

kind regards

Fan

Like mahendra likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events