Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SourceTree 1.10 in an offline environment

David Mills February 13, 2017

We have been using SourceTree for a number of years now - and keep it up-to-date.  I have just downlowded version 1.10.20.1 and tried to install in in our corporate network (behind quite a restrictive firewall).  I quickly pops open a window saying "Downloading file: Downloading from https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/..." and this just hangs.  I presume that our firewall is not allowing it to connect.

Is there any way around this?

I have manually downloaded this file, but what do I do from there?

13 answers

12 votes
Vishnu Ponnappan February 23, 2017

The problem was with the proxy settings. I did a work around and it worked for me. 

Go to the location

C:\Users\youruserid\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_*\version folder.

open the user.config file and replace 

<setting name="ProxyServerMode" serializeAs="String">
<value>defaultOperatingSystem(or something like that)</value>
</setting>

with

<setting name="ProxyServerMode" serializeAs="String">
<value>Custom</value>
</setting>
<setting name="ProxyServer" serializeAs="String">
<value>yourproxyserver</value>
</setting>
<setting name="ProxyPort" serializeAs="String">
<value>80</value>
</setting>

PBTS March 8, 2017

I tried that, but now get:

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Our VMs don't have a lot of the standard Certificates installed.  I am able to download and install myself - but any idea where I can get the certificate fore GcmSt?

Abhijit J March 13, 2017

I can confirm that this method worked for me!!

Set the proxy in C:\Users\<youruserid>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_Url_*\<version>\user.config as specified in the above post.

Eko Ways April 27, 2017

I confirm that this WORKED for me aswell !!! 

2 votes
Rich Paul Peters, II February 17, 2017

I would like to add an upvote for working behind a corporate proxy.  We have used Sourcetree for some time behind a proxy just fine.  Now with version .10.20.1 that is all broken and completely trashes the previous install of sourceTree.

Todd VanderWoude February 22, 2017

We have the same problem.  We use JIRA, Confluence, and Stash (now BitBucket) and we are unable to install SourceTree anymore.  Unfortunately, I've uninstalled my previous version according to the instructions and I'm now unable to re-install.

2 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2017

Even if you get those issues worked out, you're going to run into a problem when SourceTree wants you to register. It's free, of course, but it requires you to log on to id.atlassian.com.

Because of that, you won't find many who have experience getting SourceTree launched in an restricted corporate environment.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2017

Hi, I'm from the SourceTree team.

I just wanted to come on here and say I'm sorry if you've been affected by this, we are working on this issue and hope to have a fix out next week for those of you trying to install behind corporate firewalls. We will post updates to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-6890

For now can I suggest sticking with https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/SourceTreeSetup_1.9.10.0.exe

Thanks

PBTS March 9, 2017

Excellent news - Thank you.

Rich Paul Peters, II March 10, 2017

Please keep in mind that SourceTree is used on internal networks with no external connectivity.  This is not just a proxy issue. A solution should include an install option that has the complete package without any network reach backs to download code.

David Mills March 22, 2017

Hi Michael,

I notice that there is a new version 1.10.23.1.  Is this meant to resolve these issues?  I have installed successfully on a Windows 7 notebook behind the corporate firewall.  But it continues to fail with the same results on a Windows Server 2012 server (VM) behind the same firewall.

Christopher James April 10, 2017

1.10.23.1 Doesn't seem to fix proxy issues, if that was the intent.

Here's a modern image for a corporate proxy:
http://img04.deviantart.net/2c75/i/2015/130/1/9/cthulhu__the_sleeper_of_r_lyeh__high_priest_of_the_by_kekmj23-d8susyg.jpg

I was unaware of the issues... and behind a dreaded corporate proxy (DCP) and it fails with a 500 error pop-up, on a clean install, but then pops up the installation UI. Same messaging in the https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-6890 ticket.

Don't know if the internals of the proxy create unique provisioning for http and https...

It would be pretty neat to have a gui that allows you to add Proxy settings during installation, rather having to scramble to the web to find out hours later that I need to hack a config.

Thanks.

Victor Peters May 8, 2017

We are currently using SourceTree 1.9.5.0 for Windows. The application is re-packaged for Radia Client Automation Application Manager for distribution purposes over our corporate network. I've including a license file and some other configuration files to make sure it's installed and configured properly.

As of SourceTree 2.x (I've tried various versions, the latest being 2.0.19.1) Atlassian seems to have changed the way the software is installed and configured. The application is installed in the %LocalAppData% directory (which seems to me in clear violation with Microsofts standards for Windows applications) and on first run SourceTree requires users to register the application using an Atlassian account.

Both 'enhancements' are absolute show stoppers and render SourceTree completely useless for our organisation.

Atlassian needs to trace back their steps and create a Windows client that installs into %Program Files% or %ProgramFiles(x86%), depending on 32-bit or 64-bit Windows environment and enable the possibility to pre-configure the application so users don't need to register.

Evan Hart May 9, 2017

Agreed!  These reasons + the proxy have all been big struggles at our corporation.

insideAC November 17, 2017
0 votes
Nathan Alden, Sr. March 2, 2017

Same issue as all of you folks. I installed a fresh Windows 10 Enterprise instance in VirtualBox this morning. I set up the instance to use a corporate proxy. Every app except SourceTree has no issues. I also tried modifying SourceTree.exe.config in the way described above but the proxy settings do not appear to be used.

SourceTree's quality continues to decline; sad.

0 votes
paul_galbraith February 25, 2017

Same problem here, very disappointed to see they've abandoned corporate users sad.

Vote for the defect here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-6890 

0 votes
weaver07950 February 23, 2017

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 54.230.130.73:443

0 votes
Eck314 February 22, 2017

I had the same issue. Wireshark showed me that SourceTree didn't use a proxy when trying to access downloads.atlassian.com. So I tried Proxifier. With that SourceTree was able to download the needed files - but I had to restart SourceTree several times to complete. After everything was setup SourceTree starts without Proxifier.

0 votes
Evan Hart February 15, 2017

This is also an issue with non-transparent proxies without the ability to specify our corporate proxy settings early in the install phase.

Previously we've been able to install Source Tree v1.7.0 offline + a manual license process for years which has worked fine.

0 votes
Shihong Xu February 14, 2017

Do you resolved this issue? I met the same. 1.10.x has smaller file size than old versions, it will downloading something during installing which was block by company firewall policy.

0 votes
Shihong Xu February 14, 2017

I meet the same issue, it's happy to see sourcetree can provide a self-sufficient installation package like it always did.

0 votes

On a different host after installing the .NET framework, running install.cml resulted in
Success! Git Credential Manager for Windows was deployed! ^_^
Press any key to continue...
But then attempting to install SourceTree still results in an attempt to download PortableGcmSt-1.8.1.6.7z.

0 votes

I forgot to mention, I tried unzipping this file and running "Install.cmd". It complains

Failed to detect the Microsoft .NET Framework. Make sure it is installed. U_U
Don't know where to get the Microsoft .NET Framework? Try http://bit.ly/1kE08Rz

I downloaded and installed the .NET framework that the link got me to - but that made no difference to install.cmd.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events