Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase SourceTree font size

Viewing page 2 of 2

37 answers

1 vote
Joan VC November 15, 2022

still no solution? I just cannot understand how such feature can be seen as minor issue. I'm often bumping into such problems lately in Sourcetree and others similar tools. And of all OS , on MacOS which I thought was the best when it comes to GUI/user-friendliness (yes I know Sourcetree is not developed by Apple, I'm just talking about the style guides and such)

1 vote
JiaTeLin Dadada August 26, 2022

please support changing  font size !

1 vote
Mark Zaytsev June 29, 2021

As by 2021 a lot of developers switch to 4k monitors.

5 years passed and still there is no option to adjust at least font size in SourceTree. I guess it's time to evaluate alternatives.

Shame.

1 vote
Anton Fomin April 29, 2021

It's definitely must be done. Impossible to use the app on Hi-DPI displays.

1 vote
Igor Willems March 13, 2021

Is this even on their backlog? Really a must-have imo.

I'm afraid to request one step further even: allow to change the font (family) in Sourcetree, at least for the diff window containing code...

1 vote
barduck September 30, 2020

How, how is this still an issue in 2020?

Come on, we are getting older waiting for this simple feature and our eye sight isn't getting any better. I can barely see the file names and commit messages already.

It isn't too much to ask to be able to configure font size in  a popular GUI app, is it?

1 vote
victorgras July 23, 2020

If there's a thing that might stop me from using SourceTree, this is that one thing... It can be terrible after a while

1 vote
James Howse November 27, 2019

Hey everyone, I found a way for windows users to zoom in considerably in Sourcetree, by fiddling around with the compatibility settings! It pretty much doubles font size and makes it a lot more legible. However you must either be using two monitors, one a smaller one (such as a laptop) or do something every time time you open Sourcetree. 

Automatically: If you have two monitors, one a smaller one (such as a laptop)
First you need to set your smaller monitor as your main display. Then go to the Sourcetree.exe file, right click, "Properties",  "Compatibility", "Change high DPI settings", then enable the High DPI scaling override as shown below.
image.png
Now it will stay zoomed in the same level it uses for your smaller monitor when you switch to the large monitor. 

Manually changing display every time you open Sourcetree
Go to the "Change high DPI settings" and enable the "Override high DPI scaling behaviour" as before. This time also enable the  "Use this setting to fix scaling problems feature", as shown below.
image.png

Now before you open sourcetree change your display settings to zoom in as much as you can on your main monitor. Then open Sourcetree, it will take these settings and be more zoomed in. Now you can revert the display setting change and Sourcetree will stay zoomed in until you next close and re-open it. 

IanXie November 18, 2022

oh that really works

0 votes
Shannon Bailey April 1, 2023

On my developer machine with three 30" Dell 2560x1600 native res monitors on a Nvidia RTX3080, I run SourceTree on the right one set in WIndows to 1920x1200 resolution and let the GPU and monitor scale up the image and that works great. I run VStudio on the center and left monitor at 2560x1600 resolution. I tried all types of display scaling of DPI and fonts and ease access zoom settings and reset everything back and just reduced the right monitor resolution setting and it is reasonable for my 60 year old eyes...

0 votes
Aaron Dake March 17, 2023

Any update on this?  Or is diff font size still the only one which is editable?

0 votes
joan_tothomweb December 13, 2022

There's no reason to back to Linux, where no Atlassian tentacles.

0 votes
Maor Shetrit March 5, 2020

Hey,

found it.

Tools->options->Diff -> "Change Font" button -> you should see a size scroll to increase font size

Enjoy:)

sergiopereira March 5, 2020

That's not the problem. We need the user interface font to be bigger, like the lists, the commit messages, etc. The Diff font has always been configurable (thank God)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events