Incorrect Git-Flow Warning?

Luke Burnham July 13, 2018

I'm using Sourcetree 2.6.10 for Windows. When I launch the application I get a warning telling me that Git-flow is not supported and that I should upgrade to Git 2.17.1.2.

Under Tools/Options/Git the application shows that I'm using Embedded Git version 2.17.1/LibGit2Sharp 0.24.0 + git-lfs v2.4.2 so I don't understand why I'm getting the warning.

Is there something more that I need to do?

3 answers

0 votes
Kostiantyn Usenko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hi

can you try the latest version (3.3.0+)?

We've fixed GitFlow version gathering routine.

Guillaume Hébert December 12, 2019

Where is 3.3.0+ available? The latest version on sourcetreeapp.com is still 3.2.6.

0 votes
tom_kloc July 27, 2018

My opinion is the warning is invalid.   I installed 2.18.0 of GIT and it states that in SourceTree and I still get the error.   

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2018

Hi

It is possible that this is a bug.

Sourcetree used to bundle its own copy of git-flow, we recently changed that to rely on the version that is now bundled with Git for Windows. As part of that there are 2 types of notification:

• Sourcetree can't find git-flow
    • (implying the Git install is an old version that doesn't include git-flow)
  • Sourcetree can find git-flow but it is too old
    • (implying the Git install does bundle git-flow but it is an old copy)

If the git-flow button and actions are working then this is just an issue with the notifications.

Can you confirm the exact notification message?

Thanks

Luke Burnham July 20, 2018

Well, of course it's not showing the notification now! I seem to recall that the notification comes and goes but can't be sure.

Like servis_maisondidee likes this
Luke Burnham August 9, 2018

The Notification/warning is back again today. The exact message text:

Git-flow

Git-flow not supported

You'll need to upgrade to Git 2.6.4 or later.

We recommend upgrading to Git 2.17.1.2.

Learn more

minnsey
Atlassian Team
August 14, 2018

Thanks for confirming, we will review its operation

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events