It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

In V 2.x Where does source tree store the accounts saved password ?

Previously, i wasn't paying attention to the 1.9x version's credentials. When i'm using 2.0 now, i found the interface displaying all my credentials.

Where does it pull the credentials from? Because i have found it pulling from gitkraken, which i have already uninstalled, but now it won't let me delete them, there must be a central place in windows where all these credentials are stored.

Where is it?

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Jun 02, 2017

Hi

The credentials are stored in the Windows' Credential Manager, under the Windows Credentials section, stored with a 'git:' prefix.

This is the pattern used by Git via the Git Credentials manager for Windows which SourceTree interacts with.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,935 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you