Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore or hide specific remote branches in sourcetree

izharaazmi March 3, 2015

I would like to hide/ignore few (not all) branches from remote in sourcetree history. I mean suppose I have branches A, B, C, D and E on my remote repository. I want sourcetree to show only the A an E branches in commit history always. Also if possible never fetch anything in other branches.

Please suggest how this can be accomplished.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
izharaazmi March 4, 2015

Thanks @Seth, I created the feature request as suggested. Here is the feature request link:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-2977.

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2015

You can only hide all remote branches.

The closest result you can get to what you want would be to checkout A and E, but NOT B, C, or D so you have local branches for those (or delete local branches B, C, and D as long as they've been pushed to the server), then uncheck "Show remote branches".

If you want more finegrained control over which branches are displayed in the history, submit a feature request at jira.atlassian.com and post a link to your feature request here so others can find it to vote it up.

Roy Truelove June 21, 2016

Thanks Seth, can you point out how in the UI one can hide remote branches?  I don't see it, and I can't find a reference to it in the Knowledge Base or in Answer

(version 2.3.1, which is the latest) 

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2016

image2016-6-22 8:17:18.png

This is the Windows UI. I would expect the Mac to be similar, but Atlassian updates Mac SourceTree before Windows, so something might've changed for you that hasn't cascaded to Windows yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events