Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I updated my SourceTree last week but it has been a horrible experience since then

chuxoka4 January 19, 2020

The source tree update notification appeared sometime last week and I made the update to thhe latest version.

It has been horrible.

CPU usage has risen to almost 70%

Power Usage Trend shows very high constantly.

It is slow. I sometimes have to shut down my IDE because I have to switch branches regularly.

I honestly regret the switch.

I don't know if anyone is experienceing the same. I would like to suggest a rollback feature in SourceTree after an update. This rollback feature should be active.

SourceTree is a critical part of my work flow and I am quite disappointed about this development. 

I am hoping a fix would be pushed soon.

Also every now and then askpass.exe error pops up, usually after a successssful Push or Pull.

2 answers

2 votes
Mikael Gyth January 19, 2020

I have had a similar experience, Sourcetree becomes unresponsive after every command I run. I have to restart the application to see the change reflected in the GUI.

Valeriy Lapchenok January 20, 2020

Same here

mb January 20, 2020

You can hit F5 instead of restarting. Also closing the tab and reopening works for a more permanent work around. See https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/SRCTREEWIN/issues/SRCTREEWIN-12705

0 votes
Rodriguez__Sanches February 10, 2020

After last update askpass.exe errors pop up which also leads to multiple authorization errors in background, whereby my windows account was blocked several times .

I solved the problem by uninstalling sourcetree :-(

Rob Farthing February 23, 2020

Did you then reinstall it?

Rodriguez__Sanches February 26, 2020

Every time if it happened I have to ask the adminidtrator to unlock my windows account, so I replaced it by TortoiseGit by now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events