Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm unable to fetch or pull.

McBride_Robert September 28, 2018

After routine Fetches and Pushes earlier this week; yesterday, I was no longer able to Fetch. I tried several times over the course of the day, re-entering my password many times. 

This morning, still unable to Fetch, I logged onto Bitbucket to ensure there would be no conflicts if I tried Pushing two Commits instead. When I did so I received the following:

//////////////////////////

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks push -v --tags origin master:master

fatal: TaskCanceledException encountered.

A task was canceled.

//////////////////////////

I only cancelled the interminable failed Fetches from yesterday and this morning as well as the Push after seeing the full output above.

I'll still a newbie at Bitbucket, but I'm much more relaxed now. I'm using Sourcetree version, 2.6.10.0. Your guidance is greatly appreciated; I was last rescued by Atlassian Support on 10 August last month, BBS-85316. 

1 answer

1 vote
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2018

Hi

I think this might be an issue with the Git Credential Manager whihc looks after credentials for Git for Windows.

I'd suggest installing Git 2.19 and switching Sourcetree to use it as a System Git install in Tools/Options/Git tab

McBride_Robert October 4, 2018

Hi Michael, Thanks for the reply. I realize there was a big Sourcetree change taking place when I posted my question on Friday; I felt I could wait a week or two before my problem would become critical. I was ready to start reloading applications when everything started working again. 

Your recommendation -  installing Git 2.19 and switching Sourcetree to use it as a System Git install - is at the top of my to-do list if my problem returns.

Thanks again,

Robert 

McBride_Robert October 11, 2018

It's a week later. I had additional problems so I installed Bittbucket 2.19. How do I make it my system GIT install? The Sourcetree Tools/Options/Git tab shows the System Git version is 2.19.1. I checked the “Allow Sourcetree to manage my credentials via the Credential Manager’ box. I have the credential manager open elsewhere, but I have no existing or new Bitbucket credentials. Now when I tried to Fetch I get many repetitions of:

/////////////////////

fatal: ArgumentException encountered.
An item with the same key has already been added.

remote: Invalid username or password
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/...'

/////////////////////

(I added the '...'). I tried Fetching again with the credential manager box unchecked. No change. I tried rebooting and restarting with no joy. Any assistance is appreciated. 

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events