It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I'm trying to install Soucetree for Windows. Can someone help me with the Registration page?

When I'm presented with the choice of "Bitbucket Server" or "Bitbucket" I don't seem to be able to get anywhere. Choosing Bitbucket opens up my browser to a page that has nothing to do with my repo (i.e. "bitbucket.org something"). Using Bitbucket Server prompts me for a URL and username. The only URL I could give it is the URL where it's located on the DI2E devtools Bitbucket (which is what I put) and my username for that account. The login and password I use are rejected (they are definitely correct). 

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team May 23, 2019

Hi David, welcome to the Community!

Before being able to start using Sourcetree, you need to register it. For the registration process you can use your Bitbucket Server account (if you have one) or your Bitbucket Cloud account. As Bitbucket Cloud uses your Atlassian account credentials, you should be able to just enter your Atlassian account username and password during this step. If you still don't have an Atlassian account, you can create one at https://start.atlassian.com/.

If after that you're still having difficulties, please provide the following information so we can troubleshoot this issue:

1. Which Sourcetree version are you using?
  2. Which OS do you have? (If Windows, make sure Internet Explorer is updated to the lates one as Sourcetree relies on it for the authentication step)
  3. A screenshot of the step where you get stuck.

Let us know how it goes!

Kind regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,910 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you