Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to install Soucetree for Windows. Can someone help me with the Registration page?

David Thompson May 20, 2019

When I'm presented with the choice of "Bitbucket Server" or "Bitbucket" I don't seem to be able to get anywhere. Choosing Bitbucket opens up my browser to a page that has nothing to do with my repo (i.e. "bitbucket.org something"). Using Bitbucket Server prompts me for a URL and username. The only URL I could give it is the URL where it's located on the DI2E devtools Bitbucket (which is what I put) and my username for that account. The login and password I use are rejected (they are definitely correct). 

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2019

Hi David, welcome to the Community!

Before being able to start using Sourcetree, you need to register it. For the registration process you can use your Bitbucket Server account (if you have one) or your Bitbucket Cloud account. As Bitbucket Cloud uses your Atlassian account credentials, you should be able to just enter your Atlassian account username and password during this step. If you still don't have an Atlassian account, you can create one at https://start.atlassian.com/.

If after that you're still having difficulties, please provide the following information so we can troubleshoot this issue:

1. Which Sourcetree version are you using?
  2. Which OS do you have? (If Windows, make sure Internet Explorer is updated to the lates one as Sourcetree relies on it for the authentication step)
  3. A screenshot of the step where you get stuck.

Let us know how it goes!

Kind regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events