Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not sure what is the problem but either my GIT or SourceTree

Joey Sanchez February 12, 2018

I have a Mac (like a second machine to do Apple development) and I'm noticing something very odd.  I'm also thinking it may be a bug or some setting somewhere.  I noticed your contact us system does not allow upload of images, so i can't send you guys a screen capture which would have saved me the thousand words to describe but you do not, so here it comes.  

Long story short when I create a new repo of a project it sets up fine, however it is displaying two branch entries from another repo.  I do not know why it seems to show 'remote' branches (in red) from another repo is my newly created remote branch. I believe I can try to explain more but I'm also not sure how to convey the little things I see wrong. I guess the one thing I can mention that you may understand is in SourceTree left navigation section there is a menu entry in all caps named, 'REMOTES', and when I expan it I see 'origin' and when I expand that I see two branches from another repo and I'm not sure how that happened.  I'm not sure but I do not think I made a mistake.  I can send screen shots but let me know to where and I'll add the ticket number to it.

Joey 

joey@leadid.net

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2018

If you run git branch -r in the repository, does it show the same branches? Is your remote URL setup correctly? git remote -v will show you what URLs you are currently using.

Joey Sanchez February 12, 2018

I think you are correct, I believe I'm now in clean up mode and I'm suspecting it will work out.  Thank you very much.

Joey Sanchez February 14, 2018

Yes you are a champion, thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events