Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have Git Repository Set up for Visual Studio and need to Integrate with Azure DevOps

Kartik February 15, 2019

I have created a Local Git Repository for the Visual Studio and looking to Sync Code changes from my Local to Azure DevOps Branch . Please do share the detailed steps how it can be done using source tree . 

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2019

Hi

Was the repository created locally? Do you already have a remote repository setup in DevOps, if so is it set as the remote for your local repository?

Assuming you have only created a local repository and you have it open in Sourcetree. Then you will need to create a new repository in Azure DevOps, using the DevOps website. Once you have done that you can take that remote repository's clone URL and in Sourcetree open the Repository Settings, the cog in the upper right of the repository view, in there you can add a remote, call it origin, set it as default and add the remote url.

This should then allow you to commit and push your changes to the remote repository.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events