SourceTree does not work with required features:
- update from remote branch brakes everytime
- merge is completely awful - it just does not work!
Please, make this project chargeable for EPAM not to use it!
Hello! Could you tell me more details about the problem you're having?
First of all, I a talking about GIT repository.
1. First is about merge request to be handled. I Always(!!) face this issue every my merging from main branch. Merge request, that could be done within 10 minutes always (for the last year) takes at least 2 hours. Here is an example video:
2. As for updating from remote branch - I often (but not always) face an issue, when:
- update from remote branch somehow brakes,
- SourceTree leave all garbage that it createed in place
- this garbage is not showing, but proceeding working with repository could even brake it (I had one moment when I just had an orphaned commit with my required changes, and we know, that SourceTree cannot work with them at all)
- SourceTree could show an actual state of the git repository only after it's restart
- only after several restarts (3 - 5 restarts?), while doing the same things again and again, it becomes available to update GIT branch from the remote branch.
As you could see here, for these two simple steps I spend an hours instead of several minutes. This is completely useless.
You could take a look to SmartGit and you would find, that it does not have this issues completely for this really simple and really useful functionality. I work with my home project only using SmartGit.
I've updated everything I could to the latest version - SourceTree, GIT inside SourceTree especially after face with this issue.
And now I would ask - does one need a git tool when you cannot update and merge??
A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows. The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event