1. Using Source Tree 3.1.2 on Mac
2. We have local instance of bitbucket. I can log into it with my credentials via the bitbucket web UI.
3. Upon sourcetree startup, everything is fine, i see my repo. I need to connect to a new repo....
4. in sourcetree: Sourcetree-> Preferences-> accounts -> Edit the existing account that i have had for a year. First, it gives me my email address as username. No matter. I have tried my username/password, my email/password, my old password ( i changed my BB password today). Using basic auth and ssh protocol.54.
5. I get a popup entitled "Authenticate". it has the correct user name. I type in the correct password.
6. I get error:
We couldn't connect to Bitbucket with your (jthiel) credentials. Check your username and try the password again.
7. I have repeatedly logged into the bitbucket ui, so I know my password is correct.
Hi Jason, thanks for the step by step description.
I can see that you're having trouble to connect Sourcetree to Bitbucket. We'll still need some more information to be able to pinpoint this issue, could you answer the following?:
Applications >> Utilities >> Console) and searching for entries related to "SourceTree".
I got around the issue finally.
I had the repo pulled locally from git cmd line so it already existed on my local machine, just not in source tree.
From the little screen i initially see when i start source tree (the one that lists my repositories) i clicked the "Add Existing Local Repository" this allowed source tree to see the repository.
I'm not sure that this makes sense but it seems to work.
Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events