Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot log into Bitbucket.

Jason Thiel April 23, 2019

1.  Using Source Tree 3.1.2 on Mac

2.  We have local instance of bitbucket.  I can log into it with my credentials via the bitbucket web UI.

3.  Upon sourcetree startup, everything is fine, i see my repo.  I need to connect to a new repo....    

4.  in sourcetree:  Sourcetree-> Preferences-> accounts -> Edit the existing account that i have had for a year.  First, it gives me my email address as username.  No matter.  I have tried my username/password, my email/password, my old password ( i changed my BB password today).  Using basic auth and ssh protocol.54. 

5.  I get a popup entitled "Authenticate".  it has the correct user name.  I type in the correct password.  

6.  I get error:  

We couldn't connect to Bitbucket with your (jthiel) credentials. Check your username and try the password again.

7.  I have repeatedly logged into the bitbucket ui, so I know my password is correct.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2019

Hi Jason, thanks for the step by step description.

I can see that you're having trouble to connect Sourcetree to Bitbucket. We'll still need some more information to be able to pinpoint this issue, could you answer the following?:

1. When you say you have a local instance of Bitbucket, do you mean Bitbucket Server? If so, can you confirm you're selecting the right option during the authentication?
  2. Can you also let us know f you're using 'Embedded Git' or 'System Git'? Which Git version do you have?
  3. Can you check the Sourcetree logs and let us know if there's any other valuable information there? You can find them by opening the Console application (Applications >> Utilities >> Console) and searching for entries related to "SourceTree".

Kind regards,

Ana

Jason Thiel May 8, 2019

I got around the issue finally.  

I had the repo pulled locally from git cmd line so it already existed on my local machine, just not in source tree.

From the little screen i initially see when i start source tree (the one that lists my repositories) i clicked the "Add Existing Local Repository" this allowed source tree to see the repository.

I'm not sure that this makes sense but it seems to work.

Like Ana Retamal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events