1. Using Source Tree 3.1.2 on Mac
2. We have local instance of bitbucket. I can log into it with my credentials via the bitbucket web UI.
3. Upon sourcetree startup, everything is fine, i see my repo. I need to connect to a new repo....
4. in sourcetree: Sourcetree-> Preferences-> accounts -> Edit the existing account that i have had for a year. First, it gives me my email address as username. No matter. I have tried my username/password, my email/password, my old password ( i changed my BB password today). Using basic auth and ssh protocol.54.
5. I get a popup entitled "Authenticate". it has the correct user name. I type in the correct password.
6. I get error:
We couldn't connect to Bitbucket with your (jthiel) credentials. Check your username and try the password again.
7. I have repeatedly logged into the bitbucket ui, so I know my password is correct.
Hi Jason, thanks for the step by step description.
I can see that you're having trouble to connect Sourcetree to Bitbucket. We'll still need some more information to be able to pinpoint this issue, could you answer the following?:
Applications >> Utilities >> Console) and searching for entries related to "SourceTree".
I got around the issue finally.
I had the repo pulled locally from git cmd line so it already existed on my local machine, just not in source tree.
From the little screen i initially see when i start source tree (the one that lists my repositories) i clicked the "Add Existing Local Repository" this allowed source tree to see the repository.
I'm not sure that this makes sense but it seems to work.