It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I can't see the diff. It incorrectly says "No changes in this file have been detected"

Untitled.png

3 answers

4 votes
bgannin Atlassian Team Dec 29, 2017

Have you tried increasing the size of the files supported in the Diff settings tab? It may be too large for preview based on the defaults.

This worked for me, thanks!!!

Deleted user Nov 23, 2018

Thanks, worked for me as well!

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Dec 29, 2017

Hi

Ultimately Sourcetree relies on the 'git diff' command for that information. Typically you will see that if the file is binary or encoded as something other than ASCII.

You can see what git thinks the diff is by opening the Terminal and running git diff against that file. See https://git-scm.com/docs/git-diff

The size limit in the diff tab fixed it for me also. This is really invisible. Please show this is the issue in the UI when the diff does not show since it just looks like it is treating it as Binary at the moment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,895 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you