Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't login

kE Zheng January 7, 2019

I am upgrading SourceTree to latest version. Now I am asked to login to complete installation. I created a new account. And reset password several times. Whenever I tries to login, I got following error message. I can't complete intallation

Oops, you've made a malformed request. - Atlassian account

Oops, you've made a malformed request.

Often, clearing your browsers cache and restarting your browser will solve this problem.
If that doesn't work, please contact support.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2019

Hi, welcome to the Community!

Can you provide more information to help us troubleshoot this issue for you?

1. Are you using Windows or Mac?
  2. Have you tried login into your Atlassian account directly vis the browser, at id.atlassian.com? If you're having issues on the browser, you can try this.
  3. What browser are you using? If you're on Internet Explorer, make sure it's updated to the latest version and go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options,  then go to the Privacy tab and set the Internet zone setting slider all the way down to "Accept All Cookies". Re-install the app and let us know if you can register this time.

Let us know if this helps you!

Kind regards,

Ana

kE Zheng January 8, 2019

I am using IE11 on Windows 7. IE11 is the latest version. Our system admin has restricted some settings in IE. I can't change Privacy tab setting. It is set as Custom. There is anAdvanced button which allows me to enable Accept All Cookies. And I also added atlassian.com to trusted site and enabled Accept All Cookies under security Custom Level. But I still can't login  id.atlassian.com on IE11. I can login on Chrome. 

kE Zheng January 8, 2019

on IE11, I got same error

Oops, you've made a malformed request. - Atlassian account

Oops, you've made a malformed request.

Often, clearing your browsers cache and restarting your browser will solve this problem.
If that doesn't work, please contact support.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2019

Is there a possibility that your admin can enable the necessary settings for you so you can log in to id.atlassian.com using Internet Explorer? Sourcetree relies on it for the authentication and I'm afraid it won't be possible to bypass this step. This is only needed once to complete the registration of the product, then he can add the restrictions again.  

Cheers,

Ana

kE Zheng January 8, 2019

It is almost impossible to ask system admin to change it. The earlier version of sourcetree does not require login. Do you have a download link for an earlier version

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2019

We've been requiring the registration for quite some time now. If you want to go to an older version, you can, however note that we don't recommend it as there have been multiple issues that have been fixed in the new releases. You can find them here.

Cheers!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events