Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access bitbucket using SourceTree, but I can access the files using TortoiseGit. I can login

dwpotter February 19, 2019

I had an Atlassian account but never purchased a product.

I then was added as a user to somone's  bitbucket account (my identify was based upon my e-mail address, the same address as I used on my old Atlassian account).

Now, I can not use SourceTree to checkout a release or basically SourceTree only allows me to browse. If I try checkout with SourceTree, I get an authentication error

Now, I can use TortoiseGit to clone a  new directory of the source code I want, but I cant

checkout  a project using SourceTree. I get authentication errors.

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2019

Hi @dwpotter,

Can you provide a bit more detail about what the authentication error is you're seeing? It will help us to further diagnose the issue. 

Thanks,

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

dwpotter February 19, 2019

Hi Brian.

I seemed to have solved the problem. I did two things, and the first one didn't solve the problem, and I hope that it didn't add any latent problems.

The second thing that I did that seemed to do the trick was to uninstall SourceTree, remove the AppData/Local/Sourctree directory and any other Appdata/sub-directory with a SourceTree sub-directory, then I re-installed SourceTree.

Before that, every time I tried to check out or clone a directory from bitbucket, I would get a log in window, but my the check out or clone or whatever process would end with an error relating to authenticating. I did try deleting my login information in one of the sourcetree set up dialogs, but that didn't work either. Thus, I decide to try a fresh install and that worked for me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events