Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can clone a repository on my local computer but cannot push changes to remote repo.

FizzaTahir June 28, 2018

I am able to log into bitbucket using my single sign on atlassian account.

I am also able to clone repository without any problem

but when i try to push the changes to remote repo, a pop up appears asking for password but it does not accept atlassian account password.

my atlassian account is username@somecompany.com

whereas bitbucket asks for password for  username@bitbucket.org

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2018

HI @FizzaTahir

Welcome to the community!

Are you using Bitbucket On Demand or Premise?

FizzaTahir June 28, 2018

what is the difference between both, I am sorry i am new to this so don't really understand the jargans.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2018

I mean is that are you using Bitbucket server or BItbucket Cloud?

FizzaTahir June 28, 2018

BitBucket Cloud

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2018

Ok, then while pushing the code to the remote repo, it will ask your password.

so you need to provide the Bitbucket cloud account password.

FizzaTahir June 28, 2018

i have logged into bitbucket cloud using atlassian account password.

There is no other password and it is not accepting the atlassian account password.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2018

The username and password you are using to logging for Bitbucket cloud right? the same password you need to provide.
Just try to log out and log in one more time and see.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events